Our Mission Statement
Whereas the need exists for cohesive action on the part of the physicians, dentists and other medical scientists of Indian heritage residing in San Diego, it is hereby resolved that a non-profit organization be formed to maintain the identity of the said group of people, to provide a forum for scientific, educational, cultural, charitable and social interaction among its members.
- The name of the association shall be the SAN DIEGO ASSOCIATION OF PHYSICIANS OF INDIAN ORIGIN herein referred to as the SAPI.
- It shall maintain its office in the place designated by the Executive Committee.
- To bring together physicians, dentists and other medical scientists of Indian heritage practicing in San Diego, California under one organization.
- The association is organized exclusively for scientific, educational, cultural and charitable purposes.
- To assist medical and dental students and the students of the human sciences, physicians and dentists to obtain scientific training in the United States.
- To conduct seminars and other educational programs to acquaint members of new scientific developments in the field of human science.
- To support and foster the availability of medical assistance to indigent people.
- To make contributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c) of Internal Revenue Code 1986 or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law.
- To provide mutual understanding and cooperation between this association and other associations in the United States and India.
- To maintain a directory of physicians of Indian origin in San Diego, CA.
- To provide other member services as needed.