CMA Foundation BHC Summit – Newport Beach
We have some fun videos from zdoggMD, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcjH2k4msSc and dancing doctor Adnan Khera https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfBIACo6vjM that your members will love.
At the Summit, you will hear from nationally acclaimed thought leaders such as:
- California Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones,
- Dr. Anthony Iton, Senior VP of the California Endowment, speaking on social determinants of health: how one’s zip code is often a better indicator of health outcomes than one’s genetic code;
- Dr. Rishi Manchanda, Founder of Health Begins and Author of The Upstream Doctors, speaking on the steps for communities to take an “upstream” approach to addressing health disparities;
- George Halvorson, Chair of the First 5 Commission and Former CEO of Kaiser Permanente, speaking on how “Diversity Creates Synergy”;
- Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha, Flint, Michigan pediatrician and water quality activist, speaking (via live video feed) on the health providers’ role in social change.
Other highlights of the BHC Summit include:
- Networking opportunities with colleagues;
- Awards celebrations honoring outstanding physicians;
- An opportunity to earn Continuing Medical Education (CME) units for educational events, provided to attendees at no additional cost;
- And FUN activities like our Friday happy hour, luau-themed closing party on Saturday and a Latin jazz brunch on Sunday.
We hope that you will join us. You can register online today: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2016-building-healthy-communities-summit-tickets-18979769000
We look forward to welcoming you to an outstanding 2016 BHC Summit in Newport Beach!
For further details please contact Chloe Sjol, CMA Foundation Office Administrator
2230 L Street | Sacramento, California 95816